Happenings around OxenTrot
We had an amazing time this week as we continued on our journey and progressed in our return to Geekdom. We saw the end of June and beginning of July, so that means some of our topics have come to a close. Here is a roundup of what we accomplished at the Adventures of OxenTrot and what we expect to come in the following weeks.
Monday Cinema Club – We went small this week. A small cast. A short run time. But the talent was big. We reviewed Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog. Created by Joss Whedon and perfectly performed by the likes of Neil Patrick Harris, Felicia Day and Nathan Fillion.
- Next Month: Starting next week, Monday Cinema Club will be looking at fan films for the month of July. If you have any suggestions of what we should review, please leave a comment and we will take a look.
Bookworm Tuesday – we finished up our review of Brave New World and waxed poetically about how the invention of Artificial Intelligence may bring Aldous Huxely’s vision to light.
- Next Month: Small books for the month of July. We would like to review one book per week. Next week, we will kick things off with Regina Puckett’s “I Will Breathe.”
- Additionally, there will be Comic Book Reviews!! On Tuesday we will be post a list of new comics due out the next day and will even review some of the books that correspond with new releases. For example, Broken World #2 from BOOM! Studios will be hitting the shelves next week, so we will take a look back and post a review of Broken World #1 the day before on Tuesday.
Anything Can Happen Wednesday – I geeked out over my first subscription boxes. I looked over the cool stuff that came from Super Geek Box and Comic Block from Geek Block
- Next Month: Nothing should change in July. I will keep this day open as a day to go off and do random, fun stuff. We may see short videos, horrible drawings I did myself or just a punch of kitten videos. We just don’t know and that’s part of the fun.
Throwback Thursday – it was the second week in a row we were stuck in the ‘80s but this time it was to help build the ultimate ‘80s office. If you missed out you can still vote for:
What ‘80s themed poster should go up in the office? (Up to two choices allowed.)
What ‘80s themed kick knacks should go on the desk? (Up to five choices allowed.)
What’s the one big ticket ‘80s themed item that should be added to the office decor? (Only one choice allowed.)
- Next Month: No changes. I will continue to dive into the storage locker, thumb through my stack of old comics and veg out on old Saturday Morning Cartoons. There is a possibility I will have my old consoles hooked back up at some point this month, so expect some reports back on sore thumbs and vintage video game playing.
And that, my friends, is that for the week. Have a great weekend and make sure to find time to go out and have some fun.